The exploration of the Guitar Files reaches the Letter E in the 72nd edition of The Hot Box and although few in number, guitarists in this file are very big in reputation, especially for those of us who like the straight-ahead, post bebop styles.
The next edition of The Hot Box will be posted in about 2 weeks, and the next Guitar File (the letter F) in September.
We are always seeking recordings by Irish artists and Irish inspired recordings, so if you know of any, let us know. The Hot Box is released on www.jazzireland.ie every 2 weeks, please tell your friends about The Hot Box and share it on social media. Questions, comments and requests to
Track Listing for The Hot Box #072 - The Guitar Files - Part 6
- Seven Come Eleven: Herb Ellis Quartet recorded at the Concord Jazz Festival 1973
- Red Top: Kevin Eubanks Trio recorded Live at Bradleys Bar New York 1994
- Dot Com Blues: Mark Elf from the album Trickynometry
- Trickynometry: Mark Elf as above
- Keep it Simple: Tommy Emmanuel from the album The Mystery
- Azul Serape: Ron Escheté from the album Rain or Shine
- June in January: Kevin Eubanks Trio (Live at Bradleys)
- Naima: Ron Escheté as above
- Concord Blues: Herb Ellis recorded at the Concord Jazz Festival 1974